Hello! I'm Susan, and I'm so glad you're here. My mission is to help you live more peacefully with food.
I grew up swimming competitively and am an endurance athlete. I get it. This food thing takes intention but will start to come with ease. No matter how you enjoy moving, I have a heart for helping you fuel and nourish your body - it takes practice!
I'm most at home getting fresh air on a trail, curled up with a book, or trying something new in the kitchen. I believe cooking is a creative and grounding practice that can help you thrive in daily life. And it definitely doesn't mean being in the kitchen for hours on end.
I'm a registered dietitian nutritionist with a Bachelor's in Nutrition and Dietetics and a Master's of Science in Nutrition and Physical Performance.
I am experienced in intuitive eating, weight concerns, body dissatisfaction, plant-based nutrition and culinary skills, disease state management, sports nutrition, and family feeding dynamics.
My philosophy is that food should be simple, pleasurable, and nourishing. I partner with you in creating a healthful mindset around food and body and guide you in making plants a more central part of meals for busy, everyday life.
Certifications and achievements include:
* Registered Dietitian - #1062754
* Missouri Licensed Dietitian - #2011037378
* Certified Pilates Instructor
* Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian Professional Practice Group
* Published in the Journal of Sports Science and Medicine: Effects of dietary acid on exercise metabolism and anaerobic exercise performance, July 2015