They save us when we're hungry and need to head out the door, give us about as much nutrition as a well-planned salad, and can easily taste as good as dessert-without added sugar. Mastering the green smoothie is one of the easiest ways to open up options when you want to eat fresh but aren't sure what to throw together.
Layer ingredients into the blender in this order for an ultra-creamy smoothie:
1) Frozen - ripest of the ripe frozen banana, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, or mango
2) Creamy - avocado, cashews, second banana, or nut butter
3) Add-ins - flax meal, cocoa nibs, or shredded coconut
4) Greens - 1-2 handfuls of spinach if you don't want to taste it, kale if you do
5) Milk - around 16 oz almond, coconut, or one to suit your fancy
Choose your mood, mix and match, and these will start to become second nature.